Haverhill Mayor James J. Fiorentini today declared a “snow emergency” for the weekend.
Fiorentini said the city is in preparation mode for the snow storm that is predicted to hit the area Saturday. The snow emergency will be in effect starting Saturday, at 9 a.m. and continue through Sunday at 7a.m.
“The streets need to be cleared for safety. Please note that there are 10 municipal lots available for parking plus the Haverhill Public Library lot, the Tilton Elementary School at 70 Grove Street and the Consentino Middle School at 685 Washington Street (parking on the left side of the school as you face the building only),” the mayor said in a statement.
The MVRTA garage and the MBTA lots are also open for parking.
During a Snow Emergency there is no parking allowed on the following streets:
- Emerson Street, entire length
- Essex Street, entire length
- Main Street, from Merrimack Street to Monument Square
- Merrimack Street, entire length
- River Street, from County Bridge to View Street
- Washington Street, from Washington Square to County Bridge
- Water Street, from Main Street to Mill Street
- White Street, entire length
- Winter Street, entire length