These rules apply to all WHAV contests unless specified otherwise in the specific Contest Rules.
Who Can Enter
- Entrants must be residents of the United States of America.
- Employees of WHAV, its parent, subsidiaries, contest sponsors, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any other radio stations and the immediate family members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
- Contestants may only win one prize per household every ninety (90) days unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond ninety (90) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest. Contests with major prizes may have additional restrictions.
- WHAV is not responsible for any entries and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, disconnected, not received, or are illegible.
- Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined by Station Management to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. All entries become the property of WHAV and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of WHAV Management shall be final. Entry into station contests constitutes agreement by contestant to abide by these rules, as well as any other specific contest rules established by WHAV.
- Prizes will be released to winners only and mailed only to the address listed by the prospective recipient at the time of registration.
- By entering contests, entrants agree to relieve WHAV, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the receipt and/or use of the prize.
- Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Prizes not claimed within 7 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of WHAV. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of WHAV Management.
- Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes.
- By participating in this contest, each contestant hereby consents to WHAV using the contestant’s name, voice, likeness, biographical information, his/her participation in the contest, and the substance of the contestant’s telephone call for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
- Odds of winning depend on the number of correct and/or eligible entries received and depend on the particular type of contest being run. All tie-breaking procedures will be set forth in the individual contest rules.
- Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void when prohibited. WHAV, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, contest sponsors and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies accept no responsibility of liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- WHAV reserves the right to change, alter or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules set forth herein, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
- WHAV reserves the right to end or stop any contest at any time and for any reason.