Team Haverhill will conduct shoe sculpture installations Sept.18.
Shoes that double as benches will be installed at seven Haverhill locations:
- A Flourishing Future – Artist: Rob Sardella, sponsored by Pentucket Bank. Temporary Location: Pentucket Bank Stadium Branch. Final Location (2016): Harbor Place.
- Seymour the Lion (See more with the Lions) – Artist: Dawn Evans Scaltreto, sponsored by Haverhill Lions Club. Dedication: In memory of Kenny Parker, a noble Lion, gone much too soon. Location: South Main Street at Greenleaf St.
- The Sole of Education – Artists: Marc Mannheimer, Jaclyn Marr, and Adam Dorgan, sponsored by Northern Essex Community College. Location: NECC Haverhill Campus.
- Fishy Fashionistas – Artists: Elizabeth Persing, with Consentino School Students, sponsored by Haverhill Public Schools Discovery Club and the STARS Residency Program of MA Cultural Council. Temporary Location: Riverwalk; Final Location (2016): Bradford Rail Trail.
- Footprints of Haverhill’s Future – Artist: Emily Boulger, with Staff and Students of Community Action, Inc, sponsored by Community Action, Inc. and Pentucket Bank. Location: Community Action’s Fox Center
- Morning Shoe – Artists: Michael Glowacki and Jill Barry, sponsored by Kevin B. Comeau Funeral Home. Location: Grounds of Cogswell School (pending School Committee approval).
- Three Generations of Pharmacists – Artist: Rob Sardella, sponsored by the Joe Barker Family and Paper Potpourri. Dedication: In memory of the Barker Pharmacists. Location: Bradford Square.
Tour maps are available at Positive Images Gallery, the City Hall Exhibit, Buttonwoods Museum, and Haverhill Farmers Market.