Two teens—ages 14 and 15—were indicted last Thursday by a grand jury for the murder of a 19-year-old Lawrence woman.
Essex County District Attorney Paul F. Tucker said Friday indictments against 14-year-old Jobe Santiago and 15-year-old Jayden Torres, both of Lawrence, are accused of the Sept. 6 shooting and killing of Angie Aristy. Santiago’s name, despite his age, was previously released when prosecutors used their “statutory authority” to try him as an adult. Officials said initially a second juvenile was charged with assault with intent to rob in connection with the incident.
Besides murder, Santiago and Torres were both indicted as Youthful Offenders on one count each of armed robbery.
On Wednesday, Sept. 6, Lawrence Police received a 911 call for shots fired. Officers arrived on scene and found Aristy suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. She was taken to Lawrence General Hospital and subsequently died from her injuries. Santiago and Torres were arrested six days later.
The case is being investigated by State Police detectives assigned to the Essex County District Attorney’s office and detectives from the Lawrence Police Department and is being prosecuted by Co‐Chief of the Homicide Unit, A.J. Camelio.