The 50+ Job Seekers Networking Group, formed under the direction of the North Andover Senior Center, meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month.
The group addresses the issues of age bias in hiring, workforce re-entry and career redirection. Organizers say the program, which began last September, has seen the largest participation to date of any similar program pioneered and sponsored by the Mass Council on Aging.
The program is aimed directly at men and women in the 50+ demographic who live in the Merrimack Valley or Essex County area. Participants meet at 4:30 p.m., at the North Andover Senior Center, 120 R Main St., North Andover.
The program is free but pre-registration is required and can be done on-line at www.mcoaonline.com/50plusregistration. For more information, call Cahla Ahlstrom, outreach manager and assistant director, at 978-688-9560.
- Jan. 28 – Developing A Resume – What are recruiters looking for
- Feb. 11 – Creating An Elevator Speech – Quick & To The point description of self.
- Feb. 25- Creating A Linked-In Profile
- March 10 – Using Linked-In as A Powerful Job Search Tool
- March 24 – Networking 2.0
- April 14 – Interview Preparation/Strategy
- April 29 – Developing A Marketing Plan – Insuring A Full Tool Box
- May 12 – Interactive Session Based on Participant Questions/Issues