Updated: Fire Destroys Haverhill Home, Woman Receives Burns

Courtesy photograph by Josh Withe.

One woman was burned and a home is considered a total loss after a fire broke out late Sunday afternoon.

Haverhill firefighters brought the blaze at 15 Dudley St. under control after a portable heater in the basement caused nearby materials to ignite. An unidentified resident received burns and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

According to a family friend, two dogs and a cat have not been found. The friend created a GoFundMe account to help the family get back on its feet. “The high winds tore through their family home, reducing everything to ashes as they watched helplessly in the cold…They have nothing except the clothes on their backs. To donate, click here.

According to city records, the home was built in 1910 and is owned by David J. Koeplin.

Comments are closed.