Judge Declares Haverhill Man Charged With Allegedly Kidnapping, Drugging Teen a Danger to Community

(WHAV News file photograph)

The Haverhill man arrested last week for allegedly kidnapping and drugging a teen reported missing from another state has been declared a danger to the community and remains behind bars for at least another month, a judge ruled Tuesday.

Essex County District Attorney’s office spokeswoman Carrie Kimball tells WHAV Mitchell George was “found dangerous” during an Oct. 1 Haverhill District Court hearing. He is held without bail until his next appearance in early November.

The 46-year-old man is said to have allegedly drugged a male juvenile with a cough syrup like drink he called “homemade chocolate milk” before taking him to his Leyland Avenue home. The victim told lead investigator Det. Rick Welch he could not remember the date he was picked up or the amount of time that had passed since he arrived in Haverhill.

He was rescued on Monday, Sept. 23 when George was pulled over by Haverhill Police Officer Zachary Phair during a random traffic stop downtown for failing to signal before making a turn. When Phair approached George’s car, the teen ran and was located several blocks away.

According to police, the teen—who was kept in the basement during the day and slept in George’s bed at night—recounted several graphic incidents of oral sex, including when he was asleep. Once such encounter resulted in George allegedly threatening to kill the boy after he tried to defend himself.

During his interview with police, George denied any sexual contact with the victim.

Comments are closed.