No Injuries Reported After Gas Grill Sparks Fire on Bradford’s Devonshire Lane

A gas grill sparked a house fire on Bradford's Devonshire Lane on Monday, June 10, 2019. (Courtesy photograph)

A Devonshire Lane home sustained between $50,000 and $75,000 worth of damage after a Monday afternoon fire sparked by a gas grill spread to the exterior of the split-level home off of Bradford’s Lincolnshire Drive.

(Courtesy photograph)

Haverhill Fire Chief William F. Laliberty tells WHAV a 17-year-old girl noticed the fire and ran to a neighbor’s home to call the fire department after the fire melted the grill’s supply hose and propane fuel ignited, spreading flames to the exterior of the house.

Witnesses at the scene reported hearing a loud boom just prior to 4:30 p.m.

Fire and water damage were confined to the left side of the home and no injuries were reported, Laliberty said.


Comments are closed.