Small Fire Displaces Residents After Haverhill Officials Discover Code Violations

(WHAV News file photograph.)

All residents of a multi-family apartment building on upper Washington Street were displaced after Haverhill firefighters responded to, what was described as, a “small fire,” early Sunday night.

While Fire Chief William F. Laliberty told WHAV the fire at 565 Washington St., was small, residents had to be relocated because of “code violations” found at the building.

Firefighters responded around 6 p.m. American Red Cross was requested to help find temporary housing for the reported 13 residents. No injuries were reported.

Comments are closed.