UPDATE: Police Nab Methuen Shooting Suspect, 17, in Haverhill

(File photograph.)

On Wednesday afternoon, Methuen Police took a 17-year-old Haverhill teen into custody in connection to the shooting in Haverhill. Solomon praised the joint efforts of Methuen and Haverhill’s police departments, along with the Massachusetts State Police. He remains held on $500,000 bail pending arraignment in juvenile court Thursday.

ORIGINAL STORY:

A Haverhill juvenile is being sought by Methuen Police in connection with Sunday afternoon’s shooting on that city’s Davis Road, Methuen Chief Joseph E. Solomon tells WHAV.

An arrest warrant has been obtained for a juvenile on charges including assault and battery resulting in serious bodily injury and armed assault with intent to rob. At this time, the juvenile also must answer to one count of carrying a loaded firearm and possession of firearm without a license, Solomon said. More charges are expected as Methuen detectives and the State Police violent fugitive apprehension team work to locate the suspect.

News of the warrant’s issue comes two days after a 2007 dark blue Honda Accord police say was involved in the incident was located in Haverhill.

As WHAV previously reported, that vehicle drove along Davis Road in Methuen just before 12:30 p.m. June 2 and pushed out a 17-year-old male who lives on that street. Solomon said the teen had been shot once.

He was taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he underwent surgery, and later airlifted to Boston’s Brigham & Women's Hospital.

Comments are closed.