Four Haverhill Residents Displaced After Weekend Fire on Hancock Street

WHAV News photograph

Boarded up windows and broken glass are the only evidence of the fire that broke out on Hancock Street Sunday afternoon. (WHAV News photograph)

Four Haverhill residents are displaced Monday after a fire broke out at their 9 Hancock St. home this weekend.

The Haverhill Fire Department was called to the scene Sunday afternoon to fight a fire in a second floor bedroom of a three story building, likely caused by smoking materials, Haverhill Fire Chief William LaLiberty tells WHAV.

All of the residents were able to get out of the building before fire crews arrived and no injuries were reported.

The American Red Cross is providing emergency housing for all of the building’s residents due to fire damage on the second floor and water damage on the first floor.