Methuen Man Dies, Wife Hospitalized After Suffering Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

(File photograph.)

A Methuen man has died after he suffered apparent carbon monoxide poisoning during Winter Storm Quinn.

City police responded to a home on Pelham Street Friday morning just before 9 a.m. after a 62-year-old woman woke up not feeling well. When she went to check on her husband, who was asleep in another room, he was unresponsive.

The couple was taken to a local hospital for evaluation and treatment. On Saturday, police confirmed that the 55-year-old male victim had died.

An initial investigation into the incident found that an improperly ventilated generator caused high levels of carbon monoxide to circulate in the home.