Updated: Haverhill Family Displaced After Thursday Night Fire on Deer Run Road

A firefighter works the blaze from the rear of the single-family home. (Photography courtesy of Diane L. Beckwith-Zink Photography.)

A Haverhill family was displaced after a two-alarm blaze destroyed their three-bedroom home on Deer Run Road Thursday, one of the season’s coldest nights.

The Blaney family, who has lived in the single-family home since 1990, was not home when the fire broke out, according to Fire Chief William F. Laliberty.

“The father of the family came home to find that the house was on fire. He attempted to rescue his dog but the flames, heat and smoke was too much and he made the right decision not to enter the house. Unfortunately, the pets, a dog and cat, are victims of this fire,” Laliberty told WHAV.

Thursday’s blaze broke out around 5 p.m., with Haverhill firefighters dispatched to the home near Crystal Lake off of route 97. “Flames we’re showing from the first and second floors at the time of the first arriving fire crews,” the fire chief said.

The family spent the night with relatives, WHAV learned. The American Red Cross was on scene to assist the family.

A GoFundMe account has been established by a neighbor to accept online donations to help the family. Donations may be made here.