Firefighters Study Possible Electrical Cause of Tuesday Night House Fire

While the Haverhill Fire Department has not yet declared an official cause for a house fire last night, officials are looking at a possible electrical issue.

The fire began in a third-floor bedroom at 2-4 Bryant Ave., around 9:30 p.m., Tuesday.

“There is nothing to lead us to suspicious activity, but we still want to figure out what happened,” said Haverhill Fire Chief William F. Laliberty. “We’re looking at an accidental scenario,” he said, adding investigators are looking at a lamp or an appliance.

The fire was contained to the bedroom thanks to a “quick advance” by firefighters, Laliberty said.