Gas Pipe Accident Forces Evacuation of Ward Hill Business

No injuries were reported this morning after a fork lift struck a natural gas pipe, forcing the temporary evacuation of a Ward Hill business.

Haverhill Fire Department responded about 9:30 a.m. to a reported gas leak at the building housing F.W. Webb Company and Frank Webb’s Bath Center, 270 Neck Road. A fire official told WHAV a gas supply valve was shut off after a gas pipe was struck by a forklift. The building was evacuated as a standard protocol, he added. No other damage was reported.