National Grid Workers Receive Electrical Burns in Andover

Two National Grid workers received electrical burns Saturday afternoon while working on a Raytheon Co. plant upgrade. One man was transported by Boston MedFlight to Massachusetts General Hospital. The other was taken by Andover Fire Rescue to an area hospital.

Andover Police Department received a report at 5:45 p.m., Saturday, two workers in their 40s were shocked while working on an electrical box at Raytheon, Lowell Street. The conditions of the workers were unknown as of Monday morning.

Andover Police Chief Patrick Keefe said the incident is being investigated. The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration is also conducting an investigation.