Bradford Elementary School.
The school community is reaching out to help a Bradford family with school-age children, displaced by a house fire on South Central Street Tuesday afternoon.
The family of Michael and Kelly Cyr, with two young daughters attending Bradford Elementary and Greenleaf Elementary schools, lost everything, according to Haverhill Superintendent of Schools James F. Scully.
“Mr. Cyr, an Army veteran; and his wife have found temporary housing but are in need of clothing,” Scully said Thursday in a memo to school department staff. “So many of you are always there to help others. I am so very touched by your continued kindness.”
A list of items requested includes girls clothing in sizes 10 and 8 and shoe sizes 2 and 1; adult woman size small or size 5 and shoe size 7; and adult male size 34 by 30 pants, size “extra large” shirts and size 9 shoe.
Tuesday’s fire at a four-family dwelling at 55-57 South Central St. displaced a total 12 residents and at least one pet, including a dog rescued from a first floor apartment. No injuries were reported. Investigators believe electrical wiring between the second floor and attic of the home may be the origin of the fire. That investigation is ongoing.