Workers Report Refrigerator Fire at Haverhill High School

Haverhill Firefighters reportedly responded to a refrigerator fire early yesterday morning at Haverhill High School.

Workers report the large, walk-in refrigerator was on fire when they arrived at work at around 4:30 a.m. Because of its large size, the unit is also used to dispense foods for other schools’ lunches.

There was also a report of boiler problems at Silver Hill School, which caused flooding of a nearby office.

The Haverhill Fire Department did not respond to inquiries by deadline.