A Groveland man is facing impaired driving charges after he reportedly struck a pedestrian early Sunday.
Police report 28-year-old Matthew Mezzetti of Groveland was charged with operating a motor vehicle under the influence and negligent operation of a motor vehicle. The pedestrian’s identity was not revealed, but the victim was transported to a local hospital before being transferred to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, with non-life-threatening injuries.
The arrest occurred shortly after 1 a.m., Sunday, on Salem Street at Orchard Hill. He is due to be arraigned on the charges in Haverhill District Court.
A Haverhill man is due to be arraigned in court on a charge of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon after his arrest early Saturday evening. Haverhill Police report 48-year-old James Cronin of Haverhill was taken into custody at 5 p.m., Saturday, on Franklin Street.
In other police news, five Haverhill residents, including a 16-year old juvenile, were arrested during a weekend warrant sweep, and are due to appear before a district court judge on various charges. Haverhill Police report the arrests took place between 2 p.m., Friday, and 7 p.m., Saturday. Charges range from a local ordinance violation and driving without a license, to larceny and lewd conduct.
- Male juvenile, 16, Haverhill, 1 warrant: Larceny over $250, destruction of property, Mulberry Street, 2:05 p.m.
- James Close, 32, 4 Dustin Street, Haverhill, 1 warrant: possession of a class B substance, Dustin and Vine Streets, 7 p.m.
- John Ratcliffe, 33, 32 Oak Terrace, Haverhill, 1 warrant: leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident with property damage, 93 Lafayette Square, 3:15 a.m.
- Lisa A. Vadeboncoeur, 52, 79 Marshland Street, Haverhill, 2 warrants: common street walker, lewd and lascivious conduct, ordinance violation, 105 White Street, 6:54 p.m.
- Elizabeth Aybar-Baez, 25, 447 Main Street, Haverhill, 1 warrant: unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, 40 Bailey Blvd., 7 p.m.