Twelve nominees from public or private schools in Haverhill are among those under consideration by the Haverhill YMCA for “Educator of the Year.” The group will also honor Haverhill Bank President Thomas L. Mortimer with the Community Business Development award.
The Haverhill YMCA holds its sixth annual award ceremonies at 5 p.m., Wed., Oct. 29, at DiBurro’s, 887 Boston Road, Ward Hill.
This year’s nominees and schools are:
- Mary Krikorian – Pentucket Lake
- Judy Reilly – Walnut Square
- Michelle Moulton – Nettle
- Elizabeth Whitmore – Crowell
- Jennifer Donais – Nettle
- Karen (KT) Thornell – St. James
- Stacie Libman – Nettle
- Bonnie Ham – Pentucket Lake
- Amanda Roche – Pentucket Lake
- Michael Castano – St. Joseph’s
- Mary Ordway – St. Joseph’s
- Catherine Nichols – Whittier Tech
Tickets are $35 each; dinner is included. All proceeds support the Haverhill YMCA’s Youth and Teen Center, sports leagues and YMCA child care programs. To reserve a seat, contact Tracy Fuller by Oct. 22 at (978) 374-0506 or by email at [email protected].
Those who are unable to attend the ceremony but wish to support the Y’s programs may make a donation to the YMCA or may visit northshoreymca.org.