U.S. Army Veteran Sergeant Corey J. Taylor, 1996 Vo-Tech Grad

U.S. Army Veteran Sergeant Corey J. Taylor passed away at Holy Family Hospital, Methuen, on Saturday, Sept. 27. He was happy and excited to compete in a golf tournament later that day with his father Jim Taylor.

He leaves his wife Rachel (Janvrin) Taylor, parents Jim and Carla (Morse) Taylor, brother, Rob Taylor, grandmother Marianna Morse, mother-in-law, Gale Janvrin, father-in-law, Eugene Janvrin and his wife Joy, numerous brothers and sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles cousins, friends, his pet dog Abby and his pet cat Socks.

Taylor was born a mechanic and creator. From blocks and Lego sets to go-karts, dirt bikes and skimobiles, Corey could take apart anything and find a better way to put it together. At a young age, he was known to petrify his parents by climbing onto the roof to help his father repair it. He was an expert with his hands, diagnosing the family lawn mower or car problems in minutes.

He graduated from Whittier Vo Tech in 1996 with an Electrical Certificate in Training. He married Rachel Taylor in 1997 after completing U.S. Army Advanced Individual Training. Corey always stood strong. He joined the United States Army in 1997, and proudly served his country for seven years. After completing basic training and serving as a mechanical specialist in Fort Know for three years, he was deployed to Germany and Kosovo. He was recognized for his outstanding performance in physical training, vehicle maintenance, and heavy equipment recovery operation practices. He earned an Army Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, Driver and Mechanic Badge and Army Lapel Button. He loved the outdoors and was a good athlete who excelled at every sport in which he competed. From Little League All-Stars to his high school varsity team, he shined as a power hitter and left-handed pitcher. He made the prestigious All-Army softball team in Fort Knox, and traveled all over the south competing in tournaments. He also enjoyed fishing, riding his four-wheeler, and relaxed by spending time outdoors with his Rotti Abby. This summer he joined a golf league with his dad, and it was the highlight of every week.

Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend his calling hours on Wednesday, Oct. 1, from 5 to 7 p.m. His Funeral Service will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 1

Comments are closed.