The Canadian Tar Sands is the largest industrial project on earth. And the potential environmental consequences have brought together citizens from across borders, to fight its rippling effects.
The first of a two part special airs Wed., July 23, over WHAV. It features the growing resistance to the tar sands, produced by Barbara Bernstein.
- Kevin Lewis, Idaho Rivers United conservation director
- Linwood Laughy, writer & historian
- Borg Hendrickson, Clearwater Country co-author
- Andrew Nikiforuk, Tar Sands: Dirty Oil and the Future of a Continent author
- Bob Skinner, Canada School of Energy and the Environment interim director
- Annick Smith, A River Runs Through It co-producer
- Bob Gentry, environmental attorney
- Steven Hawley, Recovering a Lost River author
- David James Duncan, The Heart of the Monster co-author
- Zack Porter, All Against The Haul executive director
- Steve Seninger, University of Montana economist
- Spider McKnight, All Against the Haul communications specialist